Indyfans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indyfans

The Official Message Board

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Deborah Nadoolman Landis joins Indyfans!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Indyfans
Top Man
Top Man
Indyfans

Deborah Nadoolman Landis joins Indyfans! Empty
PostSubject: Deborah Nadoolman Landis joins Indyfans!   Deborah Nadoolman Landis joins Indyfans! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 12:07 am

Indiana Jones Documentary, “Indyfans”, Adds Famed Hollywood Costume Designer Deborah Nadoolman Landis to Impressive and Growing List of Interviews

Deborah Nadoolman Landis joins Indyfans! L_5381a92b5e6a76d4dd49d5b545c43f70

(January 8, 2008, Beverly Hills, CA) Red Dot Film Studios has set out to create a documentary focusing on the fandom surrounding cinema’s most famous archeologist entitled, Indyfans and the Quest for Fortune and Glory, The film is a collection of interviews with Indiana Jones fans and includes talks with the films’ behind the scenes creators. Indyfans recently filmed a discussion with a crew member who probably had the most impact in establishing the definitive look of Indiana Jones in Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981), that being Academy Award nominated Costume Designer and President of the Hollywood Costume Designers Guild, Dr. Deborah Nadoolman Landis.

Nadoolman Landis, author of Dressed: a Century of Hollywood Costume Design, which showcases one hundred years of Hollywood's most tantalizing costumes, shared her recollections on creating the costume for Indiana Jones for Indyfans.

When creating the rugged look of Indiana Jones, Landis tells Indyfans about the color palate chosen for Indy, creating the right hat, and dives deep into her own personal “archives” and talks at length about designing many of the supporting characters looks, including Marion Ravenwood (Karen Allen), Belloq (Paul Freeman), and even the Hovito Indians.

Indyfans producer and director, Brandon Kleyla, asks Nadoolman what it is like knowing that so many fans replicate her Indiana Jones costume, and strive to get it as accurate to her original design as possible.

“It’s unbelievable to see someone in one of my costumes. I’m humbled by seeing fans dressed in my costume. Because unlike the fans who only experience the movie, I was kind of the mother, I’m the mother of the costume. To see it replicated by fans in such a loving way is very, very satisfying.” said Nadoolman Landis

“Having the caliber of a renowned film talent like, Deborah Nadoolman Landis, who has not only contributed to Raiders of the Lost Ark, Animal House (1978) and The Blues Brothers (1980) as a part of Indyfans is truly an honor” said Kleyla. “I know I speak for Indy fans around the world in saying our fedoras are off to her for designing one of the coolest looking heroes in history!”

Deborah Nadoolman Landis’ account adds to the impressive list of interviews in the Indyfans documentary which is due for release in winter 2008.
Back to top Go down
http://indyfansfilm.com
Shtick
Top Man
Top Man
Shtick

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Nadoolman Landis joins Indyfans!   Deborah Nadoolman Landis joins Indyfans! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 1:41 am

She seems like a genuinely nice person. I'm planning to meet her at the South Coast Plaza book signing on Feb. 7th.
Back to top Go down
Little Indy
Camel Jockey
Camel Jockey

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Nadoolman Landis joins Indyfans!   Deborah Nadoolman Landis joins Indyfans! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:00 am

I had the opportunity to meet her on two occasions and she IS a very sincere and genuine person.
Back to top Go down
Ren Fisk
Camel Jockey
Camel Jockey
Ren Fisk

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Nadoolman Landis joins Indyfans!   Deborah Nadoolman Landis joins Indyfans! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 7:23 pm

Just wondering - just a thoughtful question (I hope) - is there another costume that she's also fond of that she thinks deserves the same level of attention? Is there another iconic costume of hers that she wishes we would try to duplicate?
Back to top Go down
http://thefedorachronicles.com
Shtick
Top Man
Top Man
Shtick

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Nadoolman Landis joins Indyfans!   Deborah Nadoolman Landis joins Indyfans! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 7:33 pm

Yeah! Where's ThreeAmigosFans.com?! That's the outfit I want.

I believe she said the John Belushi character from 1941 had a great costume. It's a shame there are no decent photos of his jacket.
Back to top Go down
Ren Fisk
Camel Jockey
Camel Jockey
Ren Fisk

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Nadoolman Landis joins Indyfans!   Deborah Nadoolman Landis joins Indyfans! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 7:41 pm

Shtick wrote:
I believe she said the John Belushi character from 1941 had a great costume. It's a shame there are no decent photos of his jacket.
OK, COULD anyone make that outfit work with a fedora?
Back to top Go down
Shtick
Top Man
Top Man
Shtick

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Nadoolman Landis joins Indyfans!   Deborah Nadoolman Landis joins Indyfans! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 11:40 pm

Hmm... not likely. WWII flying ace. The jacket is painted, as only a flyboy could. The fedora isn't quite the right look.
Back to top Go down
Ren Fisk
Camel Jockey
Camel Jockey
Ren Fisk

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Nadoolman Landis joins Indyfans!   Deborah Nadoolman Landis joins Indyfans! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 2:06 pm

Shtick wrote:
Hmm... not likely. WWII flying ace. The jacket is painted, as only a flyboy could. The fedora isn't quite the right look.

Humphrey Bogart in "Tokyo Joe"
Deborah Nadoolman Landis joins Indyfans! A%20humphrey%20bogart%20tokyo%20joe%204523

Deborah Nadoolman Landis joins Indyfans! 51VPX3GG2VL._AA280_

I think Bogart makes it work.

Lloyd Benson wrote:
Senator, I served with Humphrey Bogart: I knew Humphrey Bogart; Humphrey Bogart was a friend of mine. Senator, you're no Humphrey Bogart.

Well, it was worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
Shtick
Top Man
Top Man
Shtick

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Nadoolman Landis joins Indyfans!   Deborah Nadoolman Landis joins Indyfans! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 2:46 pm

I stand corrected. But was there any look Bogart couldn't pull off? He had style to spare.
Back to top Go down
Ren Fisk
Camel Jockey
Camel Jockey
Ren Fisk

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Nadoolman Landis joins Indyfans!   Deborah Nadoolman Landis joins Indyfans! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 6:54 pm

Shtick wrote:
But was there any look Bogart couldn't pull off? He had style to spare.
Well, if Uncle George wanted to insert a Jedi Bogie using the magic of CGI...
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fusion
Top Man
Top Man
Mr. Fusion

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Nadoolman Landis joins Indyfans!   Deborah Nadoolman Landis joins Indyfans! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 6:24 am

Ren Fisk wrote:
Shtick wrote:
But was there any look Bogart couldn't pull off? He had style to spare.
Well, if Uncle George wanted to insert a Jedi Bogie using the magic of CGI...

...then Star Wars would be cool again? shifty

Marty
Back to top Go down
Shtick
Top Man
Top Man
Shtick

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Nadoolman Landis joins Indyfans!   Deborah Nadoolman Landis joins Indyfans! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 4:07 pm

Oh, my!

It would take more than Bogart to make that happen!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deborah Nadoolman Landis joins Indyfans!   Deborah Nadoolman Landis joins Indyfans! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deborah Nadoolman Landis joins Indyfans!
Page 1 of 1