Share | 

Shtick - A History

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shtick
Top Man
Top Man

PostSubject: Shtick - A History   Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:30 am

Hey, gang. Thought I'd get this kicked off. Name's Shtick (Old family nickname. Brother is Shamu. That should help). I've been an Indy fan ever since Raiders came out. My aunt took me to see it when I was 10. She said I watched the entire movie from under my chair, saying "This is the best movie I've ever seen!"

I've been slooooooooooowly building up a decent Indy costume. My first attempt was a Halloween costume back in the early '90s.

(My roommate went a bit heavy on the stubble.)

Since then, I have worked the Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland.

I attend the annual San Diego Comic Convention, and set aside one day for wearing my gear. I thought I had a pretty decent costume going, but then I stood next to these guys (that's me on the left). Man, I better get crackin'! whip

The bulk of my Indy collection is soundtracks and toys, with a few odd items thrown in. I'm starting to gather props as well, with Raiders being my primary focus. I just picked up a Staff of Ra headpiece, and couldn't be happier.

I look forward to meeting other Indy fans. Feel free to drop me a comment, or let me know if you have any questions.

Top Man
Top Man

PostSubject: Re: Shtick - A History   Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:56 am

Laughing Look at that outfit you're wearing in the 90s! What are you supposed to be, a lion tamer? tongue Wink Are you a member of that Indy gear forum? You look like you're doing pretty well - so far so good!

That Ark setup is really cool! And also, nice headpiece! Where'd you pick that up?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shtick
Top Man
Top Man

PostSubject: Re: Shtick - A History   Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:41 pm

Yeah, I know. The early outfit still cracks me up. But y'know... everyone knew who I was supposed to be. Yeah, I'm a member over at Indy Gear. Joined there in '02, and have been working on a better outfit since.

The headpiece is an Acme Artifacts piece (Staff of Ra). I changed the stone from amber to red. I know amber is in more scenes, but I think red looks better.

PostSubject: Re: Shtick - A History   

Back to top Go down

Shtick - A History
Page 1 of 1