Indyfans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indyfans

The Official Message Board

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where in the World is Osama bin Laden?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jonesy
Top Man
Top Man
Jonesy

Where in the World is Osama bin Laden? Empty
PostSubject: Where in the World is Osama bin Laden?   Where in the World is Osama bin Laden? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 6:50 am

Where in the World is Osama bin Laden? Where_is_osama

Indiana Jones is back and … wait a minute, that’s not Harrison Ford!

Every year at the Sundance Film Festival, competing movies plaster Main Street with their posters, stapling advertisements over their competitors, and often having their own obscured within the hour. But the one poster that always sticks out is Morgan Spurlock’s “Where in the World Is Osama bin Laden?,” an Indy-loving image advertising one of Sundance’s most talked-about films.

“It was one of the original ideas we had,” the “Super Size Me” director explained of the poster. “As we first started getting into the movie, I was like, ‘This is a documentary action movie. It’s the biggest action movie of the summer that’s not being released in the summer.’ We wanted a poster that reflects that, and I love the idea of mimicking the Indiana Jones poster, with all the people around it. Because we’re going on a quest to find this lost thing, the thing that nobody else can find, much like the Ark of the Covenant.”

As odd as it may be, it seems like it’s the one poster in Park City that nobody wants to cover up. And when you get a good look at the hilarious image of Spurlock as leading man, surrounded by faces of the people he encounters in the movie (and the camel he rides), you can understand why.

“The guy who drew the poster, Mark Fredrickson, is fantastic,” Spurlock beamed, insisting that it will be the official poster when the film is released in April, just a few months before the real Indiana Jones returns in “The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.” “That’s the poster; that’s the one.”

Most adventurous of all, however, is the tale of how the poster was whipped together — sorry — in the final days before Sundance. “There are a couple things that will be tweaked on it, because we banged that out,” he revealed. “The amazing thing about Mark Fredrickson is that he made that poster in nine days. He drew it, by hand, in nine days!”
Back to top Go down
Ren Fisk
Camel Jockey
Camel Jockey
Ren Fisk

Where in the World is Osama bin Laden? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Where in the World is Osama bin Laden?   Where in the World is Osama bin Laden? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 7:53 pm

Oh, man! I wish I knew about that before I published: "Thanks For The Memories, George... I Wish I could Say It's Been Fun." Is it too late to put a link up for that?
Back to top Go down
http://thefedorachronicles.com

Where in the World is Osama bin Laden?
Page 1 of 1