HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 

Distressed my Wested - 100 Grit Sandpaper

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr. Fusion
Top Man
Top Man

PostSubject: Distressed my Wested - 100 Grit Sandpaper   Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:55 am

Hey guys!! After having my Wested lamb for almost a year and a half, I've had a lot of natural distressing going on from my backpack and from wearing the jacket while writing. The shoulders have aged a lot, and so have the bottoms of the sleeves - finally I got fed up with the uneven look and decided to try and blend it by distressing the rest of the jacket. I'm very happy with how it came out, and wanted to share it with you guys. Smile

My goals in distressing the jacket were these:
1. Be conservative and remember that less is more.
2. Head towards the LC piping, but stop short.
3. Make the jacket look 5 years old, not 30.
4. Blend the jacket in with itself.
5. Stay away from patterns!!! sick

Here's how it came out:

Here's the shoulders - naturally distressed:

More photos:
Collar
Top back panel
Back right - with naturally distressed cuff
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shtick
Top Man
Top Man

PostSubject: Re: Distressed my Wested - 100 Grit Sandpaper   Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:26 am

Awesome job on that! Looks nicely broken in now. I do like how you waited until the jacket took on wear patterns of its own, before helping them along. Looks much more natural that way.

Top Man
Top Man

PostSubject: Re: Distressed my Wested - 100 Grit Sandpaper   Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:57 am

Thanks! The more I think about it, the more I think it was a good idea to wait. I hadn't thought about it from a "wanting-to-distress" point of view, where giving it a natural headstart would help me distress it more realistically, but more of a "I can't just let it be half distressed" point of view, where I thought... well... I can't just let it be half distressed! Laughing

I'm definitely happy with how it came out though. One guy on COW wants me to do his!! Shocked That's stress... but it could be fun. think It's worth pointing out that I also used some rubbing alcohol on the back panel and let it have a few cycles in the dryer with NO heat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shtick
Top Man
Top Man

PostSubject: Re: Distressed my Wested - 100 Grit Sandpaper   Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:05 am

Well, I aged mine the old fashioned way. I wore it like crazy. At least 10 years. But then, it's no Wested. It's the Disney knock-off. Wrong color, and heavier than all get out. But it's aged! Perhaps some Pecards might darken mine. Know any local place that sells it? I've heard shipping is the same cost as the product. Shocked

Your gear is getting more impressive by the day! Keep it up.

PostSubject: Re: Distressed my Wested - 100 Grit Sandpaper   

Back to top Go down

Distressed my Wested - 100 Grit Sandpaper
Page 1 of 1