Indyfans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indyfans

The Official Message Board

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEWS FROM UK TOYFAIR!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jonesy
Top Man
Top Man
Jonesy

NEWS FROM UK TOYFAIR!!! Empty
PostSubject: NEWS FROM UK TOYFAIR!!!   NEWS FROM UK TOYFAIR!!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 9:20 am

We've seen the Indiana Jones fgures for some time now and opinions been a bit mixed. Some people love them, some people are indifferent to them, although I've not seen (m)any peple say they hate them. Still, I'd not been sold on the new hasbro Indiana Jones range until I got to see some of the other items they're bringing out.

So let's talk about vehicles, and here's where I am very excited. Everyone remembers the desert chase from Raiders... one of my favorite Indiana Jones scenes. Well Hasbro are doing vehicles from that scene

First up is the kubelwagon (or whatever german vehicle it is); basically a german jeep with a gun on the back. I didn;t spend too much time looking at that because I was looking at the truck and being shown some of the action features. For example a whip extends from the rear axle so you can drag Indy behind it. The front grill will also spring down to recreate that part of the movie. I did ask if the door slightly unhinges but it didn't, however the rear canopy was removable to covert it to an open flat bed truck

Of course to really complete that scene you'd need Indy on horseback, which is why I'm glad to report this is one of the deluxe figures coming out. Also expect to see a German motorcyclist in this range. I also saw a set of INdiana Jones and the Arc of the Covenant, Marion and a Cairo henchman 2-pack and something that had me jumping up and down for joy: a German Soldier 2-pack. Yes, Hasbro will allow you to amass the greatest number of Nazis since the Nuremburg Rally. For the benefit of the soccer moms reading, and just in case anyone was of any doubt, real Nazis are bad, but toy german soldiers are all about discovering history through role-play.

There were no single pack figures from the new amazingly long-titled Indiana Jones and the Kindom of the Crystal Skull (or IJATKOTCS - the only movie abbreviation, that itself needs an abbreviation) but they did have the playset from the movie.

Now it seemed really, really familiar and I couldn't put my finger on it at the time but now thinking about it, I'm sure that it at least uses parts from the Mustafar Final Duel playset from the Star Wars line. You know that lava pool on that playset. That was a bubbling mud pool. In truth I was a little disappointed as it just seemed like a mountain playset, and they're never too exciting.

There was one figure on the playset though, that made me think that if Apocalypto fans were ever looking for a playset and figure, this would be ideal for them. The South American Indian reminded me very much of the ones from the opening scene from Raiders and I found myself thinking it would be great if the story of Crystal Skull somehow linked back to that opening. Got a while to wait until I find out whether that happens or not, but the figures should start popping up before then
Back to top Go down
Shtick
Top Man
Top Man
Shtick

PostSubject: Re: NEWS FROM UK TOYFAIR!!!   NEWS FROM UK TOYFAIR!!! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 1:57 pm

Ok, this description is making me really look forward to this line. It's no secret that the truck chase is my favoreit sequence, and hearing they're planning many vehicles and the horse from that scene are good signs. And a German Soldier 2-pack! So very cool! Very Happy

Sooo.... when do we get photos?!

wwop
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Top Man
Top Man
Jonesy

PostSubject: Re: NEWS FROM UK TOYFAIR!!!   NEWS FROM UK TOYFAIR!!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 6:58 am

NEWS FROM UK TOYFAIR!!! 40076
NEWS FROM UK TOYFAIR!!! 40075
NEWS FROM UK TOYFAIR!!! 40074
NEWS FROM UK TOYFAIR!!! 40083
NEWS FROM UK TOYFAIR!!! 40472
NEWS FROM UK TOYFAIR!!! 40473
NEWS FROM UK TOYFAIR!!! 40491
NEWS FROM UK TOYFAIR!!! 46103
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEWS FROM UK TOYFAIR!!!   NEWS FROM UK TOYFAIR!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEWS FROM UK TOYFAIR!!!
Page 1 of 1