Indyfans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indyfans

The Official Message Board

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AT&T Decoder Card Reference Guide

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shtick
Top Man
Top Man
Shtick

AT&T Decoder Card Reference Guide Empty
PostSubject: AT&T Decoder Card Reference Guide   AT&T Decoder Card Reference Guide Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 5:23 am

AT&T was the sponsor for the Indiana Jones Adventure when the attraction first opened. As a promotional handout, they created a translation card for the Temple "Maraglyphics". On the reverse, they included an ad for their services. The ad changed a few times, and a new card design followed. Here are the three different card designs that were released:

VERSION 1 10-ATT / Choose Wisely

AT&T Decoder Card Reference Guide Card1 AT&T Decoder Card Reference Guide Card2

VERSION 2 10-ATT / For Your Calling Adventure

AT&T Decoder Card Reference Guide Card3 AT&T Decoder Card Reference Guide Card4

VERSION 3 1-800-CALL-ATT / Know the Code

AT&T Decoder Card Reference Guide Card5 AT&T Decoder Card Reference Guide Card6

As with all printed material, every so often an error slips through. Though the quality control was exceedingly good, these cards were no exception. Of the thousands of cards that passed through my hands, I only found 8 errors, all within the same bundle. The reverse side of these cards is the same as Version 3 above, printed correctly. Only the face was misaligned.

AT&T Decoder Card Reference Guide Card7
AT&T Decoder Card Reference Guide Card8
AT&T Decoder Card Reference Guide Card9

As AT&T has ended their sponsorship, these cards have long since disappeared.
Back to top Go down
Little Indy
Camel Jockey
Camel Jockey

PostSubject: Re: AT&T Decoder Card Reference Guide   AT&T Decoder Card Reference Guide Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:26 am

I have a few of these. I thought is was fun to decipher the glyphs while waiting in line. I liked how the entire line was very interactive for guests, with things to pull on and push that would evoke a reaction.
Back to top Go down
Shtick
Top Man
Top Man
Shtick

PostSubject: Re: AT&T Decoder Card Reference Guide   AT&T Decoder Card Reference Guide Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:37 am

The only trouble is, the line moves much faster than they had intended. People don't have that much time to decipher. The first real bit of text was this giant wall panel. Nobody got past the first line.

AT&T Decoder Card Reference Guide MaraWall

Except me. I memorized it. ;-)

Last edited by on Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Little Indy
Camel Jockey
Camel Jockey

PostSubject: Re: AT&T Decoder Card Reference Guide   AT&T Decoder Card Reference Guide Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:50 am

Shtick wrote:
The only trouble is, the line moves much faster than they had intended. People don't have that much time to decipher. The first real bit of text was this giant wall panel. Nobody got past the first line.
Except me. I memorized it. ;-)

Impressive. The line did move fast. I just forgot about it after awhile. I couldn't concentrate with all the anticipation of getting onto the ride.
Back to top Go down
Shtick
Top Man
Top Man
Shtick

PostSubject: Re: AT&T Decoder Card Reference Guide   AT&T Decoder Card Reference Guide Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 8:04 am

Well, I had the time. Plus, one of my jobs there was to walk in the morning's line from rope drop. They had to follow me through the queue. Some mornings, they weren't quite ready, so they told me to stall. So I translated everything for the first few guests. It was pretty fun.

Oh, and

Quote :
IT IS FORBIDDEN TO PASS BEYOND THIS CHAMBER WITHOUT A SERVANT OF MARA TO GUIDE YOUR PATH. HEED THIS WARNING OR RISK INCURRING THE WRATH OF MARA FOR DOOM AWAITS THE UNBELIEVER IN THE DARKNESS BEYOND.
Back to top Go down
SkipperMike
Camel Jockey
Camel Jockey
SkipperMike

PostSubject: Re: AT&T Decoder Card Reference Guide   AT&T Decoder Card Reference Guide Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 10:49 am

Shtick wrote:
Well, I had the time. Plus, one of my jobs there was to walk in the morning's line from rope drop. They had to follow me through the queue. Some mornings, they weren't quite ready, so they told me to stall. So I translated everything for the first few guests. It was pretty fun.

Oh, and

Quote :
IT IS FORBIDDEN TO PASS BEYOND THIS CHAMBER WITHOUT A SERVANT OF MARA TO GUIDE YOUR PATH. HEED THIS WARNING OR RISK INCURRING THE WRATH OF MARA FOR DOOM AWAITS THE UNBELIEVER IN THE DARKNESS BEYOND.

When did you work in the attraction? i have been with the company since april 2008 and indy was my hire in attraction. I am trying so hard rt now to help retern he attraction to its former glory in hopes to win attraction of he year this year! we deserve it! but lately we have been getting killed in our show quality as well as our courtesy. not really alot of excuses there other than we need to try harder! thosemaps would be a great addition to the land! great great guest interraction oppurtunities! im all about courtesy and show! i want so much for the attraction... what tips do you have for me to help brin the temple to life? i honor your love of the ride and hope you can help me bring something to it! thank you so much!!!

skipper mike
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AT&T Decoder Card Reference Guide   AT&T Decoder Card Reference Guide Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AT&T Decoder Card Reference Guide
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Indyfans :: Indiana Jones Attractions :: Temple of the Forbidden Eye-
Jump to: