Indyfans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indyfans

The Official Message Board

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!!

Go down 
+2
Little Indy
Shtick
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Shtick
Top Man
Top Man
Shtick

Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!! Empty
PostSubject: Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!!   Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 1:13 am

Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!! Map2

Doctor Jones was kind enough to draw us this map of the Temple. I hope nothing bad happens in there...
Back to top Go down
Little Indy
Camel Jockey
Camel Jockey

PostSubject: Re: Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!!   Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:13 am

Did they ever sell that in the Park? They have one on the wall that looks a little worn. Everytime I go in there I ask them for it. Where did you get this copy?
Back to top Go down
Shtick
Top Man
Top Man
Shtick

PostSubject: Re: Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!!   Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:16 am

Yeah, this was a park souvenir map. Came folded up in a little sleeve. This image was a scan off my map (6 scans, pieced together).
Back to top Go down
Little Indy
Camel Jockey
Camel Jockey

PostSubject: Re: Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!!   Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:20 am

Lucky. I have been begging for that map for awhile. Nice work on the scanning.
Back to top Go down
Shtick
Top Man
Top Man
Shtick

PostSubject: Re: Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!!   Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:32 am

They come up on Ebay every now and again. I doubt the park will ever resell them. Shame, too. It's a really nice piece. Probably the best souvenir they sold for the ride.
Back to top Go down
WhipItGood
Camel Jockey
Camel Jockey
WhipItGood

PostSubject: Re: Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!!   Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 8:06 am

I was lucky enough to collect a couple of these maps from Disneyland, one I have framed on my wall and the other is still in its box sleeve -- which I've hastily scanned here:

Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!! TempleMapBox

A nice design printed on a thin cardboard sleeve which works like a envelope, encompassing the folded map inside. Not much on the back except the IJ logo and this text legend:

Quote :
Long ago when the sun was dim, a forgotten tribe raised a temple in praise of the powerful deity Mara. A devastating flood buried the temple and it lay undisturbed for thousands of years until it was unearthed by famed archaeologist Indiana Jones. The ancient writings on the walls speak of Mara's promise: All temple visitors will be given one of three magical gifts: Eternal Youth, Earthly Riches or Future Knowledge. But there is a catch. Any who dare to look into the eyes of Mara shall meet their fate beyond the Gates of Doom.
Back to top Go down
http://www.filmedge.net/Indy4
Jonesy
Top Man
Top Man
Jonesy

PostSubject: Re: Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!!   Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 9:17 am

Without question, one of, if not the, best piece to come out of the "Adventure Outpost."
Back to top Go down
Shtick
Top Man
Top Man
Shtick

PostSubject: Re: Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!!   Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 2:31 pm

While the front side of the map is extremely well done, the back side is pathetic. Guess this was always meant to be framed.
Back to top Go down
Little Indy
Camel Jockey
Camel Jockey

PostSubject: Re: Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!!   Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 8:11 pm

That is very cool.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fusion
Top Man
Top Man
Mr. Fusion

PostSubject: Re: Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!!   Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 7:05 pm

Jonesy wrote:
Without question, one of, if not the, best piece to come out of the "Adventure Outpost."

...next to those little towels that you can soak in water and they blow up into a bigger towel, like the size of your ear. Laughing

I've never seen those there - really awesome! I do have a map from the Adventure Outpost, but it's a piece of crap thing with some made up country on it, the words "INDIANA JONES" across the top, a big "ADVENTURE OUTPOST" logo in the bottom corner, and a snake and iguana thing printed on so it looks like they're crawling on the map. Just too cluttered... Not really very good looking, at all.
Back to top Go down
Jonesy
Top Man
Top Man
Jonesy

PostSubject: Re: Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!!   Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 3:27 am

You can actually find ONE of these maps, still lurking inside the Adventure Outpost... It's on the wall, near the ceiling, kinda to the right of the counter... Take a look next time. Wink
Back to top Go down
Little Indy
Camel Jockey
Camel Jockey

PostSubject: Re: Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!!   Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 7:45 am

Jonesy wrote:
You can actually find ONE of these maps, still lurking inside the Adventure Outpost... It's on the wall, near the ceiling, kinda to the right of the counter... Take a look next time. Wink

Yeah that's the one I beg for everytime I go in. They will not budge. I can't tell you how many times I have asked the staff if they would sell it.
Back to top Go down
Shtick
Top Man
Top Man
Shtick

PostSubject: Re: Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!!   Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 2:32 pm

Sadly, that map has most likely been there longer than the person you're asking. I'll wager a good portion of them don't realize it was ever sold.
Back to top Go down
SkipperMike
Camel Jockey
Camel Jockey
SkipperMike

PostSubject: Re: Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!!   Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2009 10:44 am

WOW very cool! that would be a great tool to help guest interract with! the poor attraction has been suffering bigtme on show quality. id be nice to do something to help bring that spark back the he temple had when it first was opened to the public! I really want indy to win attraction of the year for 2009!
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!!   Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Temple of the Forbidden Eye MAP!!
Page 1 of 1