Indyfans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indyfans

The Official Message Board

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to swing on your bullwhip

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mr. Fusion
Top Man
Top Man
Mr. Fusion

How to swing on your bullwhip Empty
PostSubject: How to swing on your bullwhip   How to swing on your bullwhip Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 1:09 am

*DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!* (Probably you should go outside, at least!)

I found this video on YouTube...! Laughing Rolling Eyes

Last edited by Mr. Fusion on Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shtick
Top Man
Top Man
Shtick

PostSubject: Re: How to swing on your bullwhip   How to swing on your bullwhip Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 2:34 pm

Mr. Fusion wrote:
*DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!*

Fine, Can I try it at your house?
Back to top Go down
PonyR
Camel Jockey
Camel Jockey

PostSubject: How many times do I have to tell you...!?   How to swing on your bullwhip Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 6:25 pm

DON'T SWING FROM YOUR WHIP!!! It's gonna ruin your whip. And, even if it doesn't ruin it, if the wrap stays wrapped like yours did, imagine all the money lost in ditched bullwhips! Every temple in Peru, castle along the Austrian/German border, secret chamber in Egypt, and catacomb in India would have a bullwhip hanging somewhere, waiting to be grabbed by the next passer-by. That's a lot of wasted bullwhips...

You darned kids!!!!

On a serious note, as I said in my show, the whips that were used for swing gags all had been built around an aircraft cable, and were ONLY used for swinging scenes. Do it with a regular whip, and it'll be ruined pretty quickly, mostly by overstressing the transition zone from handle to thong, as well as tearing the finer strands near the point.

And, finally, if you're gonna demonstrate a swing, at LEAST have something menacing underneath you... a bottomless pit, or a pit bull snarling (a chihuahua will do in a pinch, but terriers and pointers tend to jump up at you like you're a Frisbee and will pull you and your whip down into the pit or sand trap, depending upon your location), or in the above scene, an angry groundskeeper for the golf course.

How to swing on your bullwhip Ponypopping
Back to top Go down
http://www.gravityarchmedia.blogspot.com
Mr. Fusion
Top Man
Top Man
Mr. Fusion

PostSubject: Re: How to swing on your bullwhip   How to swing on your bullwhip Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 10:41 pm

Oh, this guy had another video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsXKbDVpJ0M

I guess it was an April Fool's joke or something...

Regards!
Martin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to swing on your bullwhip   How to swing on your bullwhip Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to swing on your bullwhip
Page 1 of 1