Indyfans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indyfans

The Official Message Board

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wested Shirts & Pants

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Melch
Camel Jockey
Camel Jockey

Wested Shirts & Pants Empty
PostSubject: Wested Shirts & Pants   Wested Shirts & Pants Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 11:01 pm

Hey guys, first time poster here. I was hoping someone might have an answer to this question...

After 27 years, I'm thinking of finally putting together a proper Indy (as seen in RAIDERS) costume. I have a couple pieces (a gas mask bag purchased at a gun show in the early 80s, and a David Morgan bullwhip I picked up in the 90s), and now I'm thinking of getting the clothing. I see that Wested sells "Indiana Jones" shirts and pants now; I don't recall them doing that in the past. Are these faithful reproductions? (I couldn't find any photos on the site.)

If not, where would you recommend I find the shirt and pants?

TIA,

--Steve
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fusion
Top Man
Top Man
Mr. Fusion

PostSubject: Re: Wested Shirts & Pants   Wested Shirts & Pants Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 3:31 am

Hi there! Here's a shot of the Wested shirt - in odd lighting:

Wested Shirts & Pants Newshirtfront

...and the pants:

Wested Shirts & Pants Newpants4

They're pretty good, but I hear the Wested shirt is a little bit large in the body, and the pants are just a *little* bit light in color. If you're looking for slightly better colors, a custom fit, and can pay a little bit more, you can also look at www.MagnoliClothiers.com - where you can get a custom tailored set of both the "Adventure shirt" and "Adventure pants," which are replicas of Indy's shirt and pants. The shirt you would order in "stone," and the pants in "dark khaki."

I have both the Magnoli shirt and pants, and I really love them. I can't say how the Wested shirt / pants feel, but the Magnoli ones are very comfortable, and the custom fit is fantastic. However, I will say the Westeds are allegedly very difficult to tell apart from the Noel Howard originals.

Magnoli Shirt and Pants:

Wested Shirts & Pants Mc-advshirt-large2

Wested Shirts & Pants Mc-advpants1-main
Back to top Go down
Melch
Camel Jockey
Camel Jockey

PostSubject: Re: Wested Shirts & Pants   Wested Shirts & Pants Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 4:01 am

Fantastic, Mr. Fusion, thanks for the tips & photos (and link)!

I spent some time poking around in the absolute mountain of information at Indy Gear looking for the best place to buy the bag strap, belts, & holster. There seemed to be a couple of good options. Several people were raving about the set sold by "Todd," but for the life of me I couldn't find a link or any contact info. Does that ring a bell? Anyone have a link?

Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fusion
Top Man
Top Man
Mr. Fusion

PostSubject: Re: Wested Shirts & Pants   Wested Shirts & Pants Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 4:22 am

Todd's Costumes Wink

About his belts and holsters, I have a gunbelt, bag strap, and basic holster from him and they're all very nice! You can't go wrong with Todd. I also recently bought 2 hat stands from him (for my 2 Adventurebilts) and a hat brush. Good stuff!

He's also working on a shirt that looks promising, but it's not ready yet. IndyGear is a great, great site, I think. Loads and loads of stellar information there.
Back to top Go down
Melch
Camel Jockey
Camel Jockey

PostSubject: Re: Wested Shirts & Pants   Wested Shirts & Pants Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 8:57 am

Thanks for the link, Mr. F! Maybe I'll be able to get my gear together in time for Comic Con...
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fusion
Top Man
Top Man
Mr. Fusion

PostSubject: Re: Wested Shirts & Pants   Wested Shirts & Pants Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 3:33 am

Kein Problem, Freund! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wested Shirts & Pants   Wested Shirts & Pants Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wested Shirts & Pants
Page 1 of 1