Indyfans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indyfans

The Official Message Board

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sneak peek: new INDY artwork in progress!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
adammcdaniel
Camel Jockey
Camel Jockey

Sneak peek: new INDY artwork in progress! Empty
PostSubject: Sneak peek: new INDY artwork in progress!   Sneak peek: new INDY artwork in progress! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 6:41 pm

Hey guys, Adam here...

I usually don't post any pics of my artwork until after they're done, but here's a sneak peek at one that's in progress -- about 75% there.

This one was inspired by the STAR WARS "circus style" poster, using the same basic layout. I hope to have it done in a week or two, and think it's my favorite of all the paintings I've done of the character.

Adam
www.adammcdaniel.com

Sneak peek: new INDY artwork in progress! Raiders_Circus_aTHUMB
Back to top Go down
Shtick
Top Man
Top Man
Shtick

PostSubject: Re: Sneak peek: new INDY artwork in progress!   Sneak peek: new INDY artwork in progress! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2008 10:45 pm

That is awesome!! The Circus poster has always been one of my favorite SW posters, and you've nailed the style perfectly. Will this be offered for sale?
Back to top Go down
adammcdaniel
Camel Jockey
Camel Jockey

PostSubject: Re: Sneak peek: new INDY artwork in progress!   Sneak peek: new INDY artwork in progress! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 8:30 am

Actually, I've posted a blog that's tracking the painting's progress. I should have the finished product up on my site before the release of INDY IV...

http://www.drawingboard.org/blogs/entry.php?w=adammcdaniel&e_id=3275

By the way, are any of you going to see the 12:01am screening at Hollywood's Cinerama Dome? I already bought my tickets!
Back to top Go down
Shtick
Top Man
Top Man
Shtick

PostSubject: Re: Sneak peek: new INDY artwork in progress!   Sneak peek: new INDY artwork in progress! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 12:18 pm

Thought about the 'Dome, but we're hitting the midnight at the Big Newport. It's a tradition of mine.

Oh, and awesome job on the detail work. Love it so far!
Back to top Go down
adammcdaniel
Camel Jockey
Camel Jockey

PostSubject: Finished...   Sneak peek: new INDY artwork in progress! Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 6:33 am

Here's the final, completed oil painting. Credits were added digitally.

Sneak peek: new INDY artwork in progress! Raiders_Circus_Poster_McDaniel_THUMB
Back to top Go down
Shtick
Top Man
Top Man
Shtick

PostSubject: Re: Sneak peek: new INDY artwork in progress!   Sneak peek: new INDY artwork in progress! Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 3:41 pm

Adam, you have outdone yourself. That is amazing work. Will prints be available?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Fusion
Top Man
Top Man
Mr. Fusion

PostSubject: Re: Sneak peek: new INDY artwork in progress!   Sneak peek: new INDY artwork in progress! Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 10:12 pm

Very nice! I see you painted over Marion's legs... Laughing The new dress part that you added looks great - can't even tell it was thighs underneath! Laughing My favorite parts are Toht and the Ark. The Ark came out very nice looking - with the reflections and all that - and Toht looks spot on!! Great work!
Back to top Go down
adammcdaniel
Camel Jockey
Camel Jockey

PostSubject: YouTube step-by-step...   Sneak peek: new INDY artwork in progress! Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 8:22 am

Here's a little YouTube video I made about the artwork:

Back to top Go down
adammcdaniel
Camel Jockey
Camel Jockey

PostSubject: INDIANA JONES charity art show.   Sneak peek: new INDY artwork in progress! Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:40 pm

I'll be among the artists donating work for an Indiana Jones tribute charity show this Saturday, May 31st, at 7-10pm, at Capsole. Proceeds go to the Down Syndrome Association of Los Angeles. If you decide to visit, be sure to say hello!
--

OPENING RECEPTION
May 31, 2008
7-10pm

Capsole
7320 1/2 Melrose Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90046
Back to top Go down
adammcdaniel
Camel Jockey
Camel Jockey

PostSubject: Modifications...   Sneak peek: new INDY artwork in progress! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 4:35 am

I can't ever seem to abandon my work! I made some changes to Indy's face and hat. The shading on the face is subtle, but here's a before-and-after comparison. Which do you guys like better?

Sneak peek: new INDY artwork in progress! Indy_face_comparison
Back to top Go down
adammcdaniel
Camel Jockey
Camel Jockey

PostSubject: Thinking...thinking...   Sneak peek: new INDY artwork in progress! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 7:40 am

So help me, I'm now flirting with the idea of turning this into a series, using the "circus style" poster template for TEMPLE OF DOOM, etc... I'm just not sure if people would be interested enough; I never did hear back from ACME regarding the RAIDERS piece I made.

I've also put the original oil painting up for sale on my site: http://adammcdaniel.com/Art_ArtForSale.htm.

No, I'm not expecting a sale anytime soon, as it's admittedly quite pricey.

Sneak peek: new INDY artwork in progress! Raiders_Circus_Poster_McDaniel_THUMB
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sneak peek: new INDY artwork in progress!   Sneak peek: new INDY artwork in progress! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sneak peek: new INDY artwork in progress!
Page 1 of 1